Leave a comment
July 9, 2012 by theparentnormal
- The Long and Winding Road – A song about the extraordinarily long two-minute drive from home to the grocery store.
- Hello, Goodbye – A song about the complete transcribed dialogue of every phone conversation involving a toddler.
- I’m So Tired – A song about being incapable of constructive thought or behavior due to lack of sleep, but continuing to deny the temptation to sleep for no conceivable reason except maybe because parents keep saying to go to sleep.
- Day Tripper – A song about how a walk from the couch to the kitchen table will conclude 3 out of 5 times.
- I Will – A song about saying I will, but meaning I probably won’t if something more fun becomes optional.
- Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da – A song about trying to say something in proper English, but failing.
- Get Back – A song about the overwhelming desire to “get back” after being one second removed from a parent.
- Help! – A song about being warned about something, but doing it anyway and being left in need of urgent support.
- I Want to Hold Your Hand – A song about a favorite pastime except when crossing the street.
- Twist and Shout – A song about getting dressed, getting put in a car seat, being denied candy, etc.
- Something – A song about, well, you figure it out while I whine and misbehave until you figure it out and then fix whatever it is.
- I’ve Got a Feeling – A song about a having a feeling, and then having the feeling somebody is not going to be happy cleaning up the mess that followed the feeling.
- I’m Only Sleeping – A song about sleeping, but only when it’s time for daddy to wake me up so he can make it to work on time.